Your cavity is our secret with white fillings in Carol Stream, IL
Tooth decay is caused by acids produced by oral bacteria. Everyone has bacteria in their mouths. That means anyone can get a cavity – at any age and even with excellent oral hygiene. Yet most people prefer a natural-looking smile that does not broadcast dental repairs. Dr. Evelyn Maggos and her team at Park Dental Care offer a beautiful solution for patients in the Carol Stream, IL area – white fillings.
All about non-amalgam fillings
Amalgam is a combination of mercury, silver, and other metals. This material has been used for repair of tooth decay since the 1800s. Today, however, many people seek a modern dental filling alternative. Composite resins fillings are metal-free and mercury-free, and they blend with existing tooth structure for a restoration that is unnoticeable.
White fillings are made of BPA-safe resins shaded to tooth color, blended with finely powdered glass which gives a sheen like natural enamel. The material starts out pliable, allowing the dentist to sculpt it to fill the cavity and recreate the natural tooth shape. It is securely bonded to tooth structure, then hardened with a dental curing light. The appointment takes about an hour on average.
Why Carol Stream, IL patients love white fillings
Obviously, a white tooth filling is a highly aesthetic option. In addition, it is:
- Conservative – More healthy tooth structure is spared in preparation for a white filling than for an amalgam restoration.
- Economical – A white filling costs less than a porcelain inlay, onlay, or crown.
- Efficient – This is a single-visit procedure.
- Strong – Since the filling is bonded in place, it provides support for natural tooth structure.
- Durable – With sensible oral habits, white fillings can last many years.
- Fill and forget – No special brushing or flossing technique is required – just normal good oral hygiene.
- Versatile – White fillings are not just for cavities. Dr. Evelyn or Dr. Britly may suggest this technique to repair a chip, fracture, or piece broken off, or to improve the cosmetic appearance of a tooth.
At Park Dental Care, our goal is to restore your comfort and oral function in the most attractive way possible. That makes white fillings a go-to treatment. Call 630-556-8880 to schedule an appointment at our Carol Stream, IL office.