Carol Stream, IL dentists have your smile covered with dental crowns
Dental crowns have been part of dentistry throughout the ages, but materials and techniques have never stopped evolving. Today, the team at Park Dental Care in Carol Stream, IL uses leading-edge technologies for crowns that restore oral function and look natural.
Versatile dental caps
A crown is a hollow cap shaped like a tooth. It is cemented over prepared tooth structure to provide strength and protection and to enhance appearance. Our dentists may recommend a crown to:
- Repair a cavity too large for a conventional filling
- Treat trauma – a piece broken off a tooth or to hold a cracked tooth together
- Prevent further damage to a tooth that has had root canal therapy (without blood flow, the tooth structure can become brittle)
- Restore a dental implant, replacing a missing tooth
- Complete a dental bridge unit, for tooth replacement
Crowns are not just for restorative dentistry. As a cosmetic dentistry treatment, porcelain crowns are used to enhance the shape, size, alignment, and color of teeth.
Dental crowns in Carol Stream, IL
Traditionally, a crown is made by a ceramist at an off-site laboratory, to your dentist’s specifications. Park Dental Care partners with a reputable lab that uses top quality materials.
All ceramic crowns are an excellent choice for front teeth since there is no metalcore. The restoration looks translucent, like a natural tooth. The dentist guides you to the most suitable type of dental crown for your need and provides hygiene instruction to help you get many years of carefree service from the restoration. That is part of the personalized attention every patient receives at Park Dental Care. Call 630-556-8880 to schedule an appointment in Carol Stream, IL.