Versatile dental bonding is available in Carol Stream, IL
Some dental treatments are extremely specialized. Bonding, however, has a variety of applications, both restorative and cosmetic. It is a popular choice among patients at Park Dental Care in Carol Stream, IL.
Dental bonding restores Carol Stream, IL smiles
Bonding is a pliable composite of BPA-safe dental resin and finely powdered glass (which gives restorations a natural, light-reflecting quality). The dentist applies it to a prepared tooth, sculpts the material, and hardens it with a curing light. The result is sturdy dental work that blends unnoticeably with existing dentition.
You may opt for bonding as an alternative to a silver-colored amalgam filling for repair of a decayed tooth. It can also be used to strengthen a cracked tooth, hiding the fracture and avoiding further breakage. Dental bonding for front teeth builds up chipped corners, or tooth structure that is worn down from clenching or grinding.
Cosmetic bonding for smile enhancement
Teeth bonding isn’t just for decayed or damaged teeth. It can also be used to camouflage a discolored tooth, such as one that has grayed from root canal therapy, medication (tetracycline), or old, dark dental work. Teeth bonding for gaps is a common cosmetic procedure. As a teeth gap filling, treatment improves smile appearance and gets rid of a food trap that could lead to decay.
Benefits of bonding
Here are some of the reasons our dentists recommend bonding (and our patients love it):
- Conservative – Treatment preserves a healthy tooth structure. Because the material is bonded, it strengthens the tooth.
- No numbing – Since there is less drilling, in many cases, numbing is not necessary.
- Efficient – Bonding is a single-visit procedure, usually requiring about an hour per tooth treated.
- Cost-effective – The cost of a bonded filling is comparable to amalgam and less than a crown. Bonding can also be an affordable substitute for porcelain veneers.
- Easy care – A bonded restoration does not require special hygiene – just brush and floss normally and maintain regular cleaning and exam appointments.
- Durable – With good oral habits, dental bonding can provide many years of service.
- Completely natural look – Only a dentist can spot the work (under close inspection).
Dental bonding could be an ideal solution for your smile concerns. Schedule a visit to Park Dental Care in Carol Stream, IL to learn more – 630-556-8880.