Park Dental Care has proudly contributed to Carol Stream living up to its community motto as a “great place to live and work.” We have provided friendly yet sophisticated dental care to our neighbors and neighboring communities in DuPage County for nearly 30 years. When selecting Dr. Evelyn and Dr. Britly as your dentist for implants near Winfield IL, you can be confident that the safety, health, and appearance of your smile is in excellent hands.
Elevating the standard of care
Dental practices largely distinguish themselves with their on-site capabilities, as defined by professional skills (continuing education) and technologies. We at Park Dental Care offer the “gold standard” in tooth replacement: dental implants. What makes dental implants so special? Conventional forms of tooth replacement, such as bridges and dentures, only account for the visible parts of teeth; the crowns and in the case of dentures, gum tissue as well. But tooth replacement with implants accounts for the parts that make up natural teeth.
The dental implant itself is designed to replace the root that holds each tooth in place. These cylinders are made from a durable dental material that is compatible with surrounding tissues. Once placed in the jaw, the implant joins or integrates with the bone. It becomes a part of you. So, implants support the crown, bridge, or denture that restores your tooth—just like natural roots!
There are many unique characteristics associated with implant-supported replacement teeth:
- A design that mimics natural teeth supports the most natural, healthy function.
- This design also promotes an appearance that is indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- Implant-retained teeth feel natural, too! Patients forget they have “lab-made” teeth.
- There are no messy or cumbersome products, such as denture adhesive, required to hold the teeth in place.
- Implants preserve natural tissues. Bridges rely on neighboring teeth for support. So, to assure adequate support, these abutment teeth must be “reduced” and crowned. Implants keep neighboring healthy teeth intact.
- Implants conserve bone in the jaw. If you don’t use your muscles, they shrink. The same concept applies to the jaw bone. Every time you mash or grind down food, the energy and pressure is transferred from the teeth to the roots. When you don’t have teeth, or your replacement teeth aren’t “fixed” in your jaw, the underlying bone doesn’t get the stimulation it needs to stay strong.
- Since bone retains its strength, you preserve your youthful facial shape and features. Additionally, by preventing bone loss (resorption), implants retain clear speech, efficient chewing, and proper digestion.
- They can last a lifetime with good oral hygiene and regular check-ups at Park Dental Care. Special floss threaders, interdental brushes, and cleansers are not necessary.
- Implants offer great value. They don’t need to be relined, rebased, repaired, and replaced on an ongoing basis, as long as you treat them with care (like natural teeth).
The process of getting implants is also straightforward. Most of the time implant placement only requires numbing the treatment area with a local anesthetic. Some patients may wish to have a mild sedative to help them relax. For more details on the process, and to see if implants are an appropriate way to replace your missing or failing teeth, schedule an appointment at the Carol Stream, IL office. Call Park Dental Care at 630-556-8880.