As Park Dental Care’s patients will tell you, it’s great to be in the center of it all – within easy reach of Cantigny Park, Brookfield Zoo, and all Chicagoland has to offer. Dr. Evelyn and her team are also proud to add to the area’s quality health care. So, when searching for Dental Implants Near Me in Winfield IL, you can trust that this practice just down the road in Carol Stream IL will provide advanced tooth replacement options that add to your life – restoring your ability to eat the foods that you love, without discomfort, and boosting your self-confidence every time you look in the mirror and smile with your new teeth!
What makes dental implants so special …
Conventional general dentists have offered the same two types of tooth replacement for decades: dental bridges and removable dentures. Bridges were generally advised for patients who are missing a single tooth or several teeth in a row, while dentures provide a full smile makeover, as a full denture replaces all of the teeth in an arch (upper or lower jaw), while complete dentures replace all of the upper and lower teeth.
While extractions and living with missing teeth should always be a last resort, bridges for tooth replacement do have special considerations, including:
- The replacement tooth in a bridge is supported by neighboring teeth. For these neighbors to properly hold the replacement or pontic tooth in place, they must be crowned.
- To place any crowns, a portion of natural tooth structure must be removed. That way, there is room for the crown to be placed on top of the shaped and prepared tooth. Drs Evelyn and Britly believe in retaining natural and healthy tooth material whenever possible.
Likewise, since the bridge requires support from neighboring teeth, not every person with missing teeth is a good candidate for this tooth replacement design. Due to how the pontic and crowns are fused together, bridges can be difficult to properly clean, which increases the risk of decay.
Traditional dentures, too, have special considerations, including:
- They get their support from either natural suction in the mouth or products such as denture adhesives, as these appliances are designed to look like gum tissue and teeth sit on top of natural tissues.
- Lower dentures can be difficult to stabilize, due to the shape of the gum tissue in the lower ridge and how the tongue moves.
- So, denture-wearers may complain about a loose fit, and sores as the denture rubs up against the inside of the mouth.
- Removable dentures require daily upkeep, such as proper soaking and cleaning.
- Since these dentures don’t maintain bone strength and density, it’s necessary to reline and replace them occasionally for proper fit.
Park Dental Care eliminates the concerns associated with conventional dentures and bridges. Crowns, bridges, and dentures supported with dental implants are designed like natural teeth. The replacement tooth (or teeth) gets support from the implant, which is placed in the jawbone to replicate an artificial tooth root – and this is just like natural teeth that are held in place by their roots. They’re easy to clean (with normal hygiene and professional cleanings at our office), prevent bone loss (no relining or replacement is needed!), preserve existing teeth, and stay put – no embarrassing slippage when you eat or speak. Dr. Evelyn and the team also partner with leading ceramicists and dental labs. So, you get restorations that are indistinguishable in appearance and feel from natural and healthy teeth. Call 630-556-8880 to schedule an appointment at Park Dental Care’s office near Winfield in Carol Stream IL.